Sunday, December 04, 2011

Dear friends of One Less Car,

All good things must come to an end, and so must we. As of January 1st, 2012, One Less Car will stop selling clothing and stickers.

I began One Less Car more than six years ago with nothing more than a home screen-printing kit and a love of bicycles. I had no idea how many people shared my love of bike riding until the orders started coming in. I will never forget the first time I saw someone walk past wearing one of my shirts. It was one of the greatest feelings of my life.

Over the years, One Less Car has connected me with an amazing community and led me to opportunities I never could have anticipated. It led to a second business, Bates Crates, which makes hardwood crates for riders who want a quality handmade portage option.

Unfortunately, it has just become too much to maintain two businesses. Both have suffered, as has the One Less Car blog. Rather than operate two businesses poorly, I have decided to devote my energies to Bates Crates. I will fill all open orders, as well as any orders placed through the end of 2011, then One Less Car will close up shop.

One Less Car clothing will live on through our partnership with Pace Sportswear, which this year came out with a line of jerseys and headwear featuring our Classic and Chain Ring logos. All of these can be ordered online at pacesportswear.com and will hopefully find their way soon to your local bike store.

I would like to thank all of our customers and supporters. I still can’t believe all the places I sent shirts over the past several years. After a break, I hope to revive the One Less Car blog and reconnect with all of you there.

Sincerely,

Cole Bates

6 comments:

J-S said...

The message your products conveyed was very inspiring and it will live on. Thanks for everything and good luck Cole !

Anonymous said...

I just came to order another sticker, wish I would have ordered more than one a few months back.

I like what you've done and what you have provided to the biking community. Best of luck on your future endeavors.

SM Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Safari shirts said...

Nice video post really a helpful one!I am really impressed by the way of exploring your experience through video posting ..Thanks!

Obat Maag said...

i like your information in on fashion ^__^

Anonymous said...

Mr Pedro and his loan company was absolutely great to work with. He was extremely clear, thorough and patient as he guided my wife and I through the loan process. He was also very timely and worked hard to make sure everything was ready to go before closing the loan.  
Mr Pedro is a loan officer working with a group of investors who help us get funds to buy our new home, You can contact him if you want to get a loan at an affordable low rate of 2% RIO   Email Him On . pedroloanss@gmail.com    Or       Whatsapp Chat: + 1-863-231-0632